Monday 8 October 2012

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey: 5 stars


Occasionally I read a book that sinks its teeth into me, rather than the other way around. This week, I read two such books back-to-back: Touchback and Cold Kiss. I actually couldn’t start another book right away, and had to pause for a while after each of these to let the ending and the overall emotional echo really sink in.

When Danny dies in a car crash, Wren is heartbroken. Until she finds a way to bring him back. Unfortunately, things don’t go as planned and she learns too late that bringing back the dead doesn’t bring back everything. Now she has to figure out what to do with a creature who looks like her beloved but isn’t really him, all the while hiding the truth, keeping up with her homework and avoiding a new student who has figured out what she is.

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey is unlike any other YA paranormal book I’ve ever read. Intensely written, emotionally deep – not how I would describe the average YA book out there. The characters were real and unique, with clear voices and intriguing backgrounds. I highly recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment