Sunday 2 September 2012

Skin Games, by Adam Pepper: 5 stars


You think you know the story: good kid grows up on the rougher side of the tracks; a mafia henchman takes the kid under his wing, shows him the ropes. Same old, right? Not this time. Pepper takes that story and does what he does best: takes the whole thing up several notches to a brand new level. Characters in this novel lived and breathed in the room while I read. Tension, drama and adrenalin burst through in every chapter. While I loved Symphony of Blood, I think Pepper outdid himself on this one. 

I give out 3 stars really easily, 4 stars not so much, but 5 stars… A novel really has to earn those, and Skin Games definitely did.

1 comment:

  1. Characters in this novel lived and Kizi Games breathed in the room while I read.

    ReplyDelete